Senior Accountant – AmsterdamThomas Lindenberg
For our client we are looking for a pro active and detail oriented Senior Accountant (fulltime).
Our client a FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 company, is a diversified global building materials group employing over 87,000 people at around 3,800 locations worldwide.
The purpose of this role is to partner with business holders in relation to financil analysis, budget develoment and monitoring, cost allocation and forecasts; as well as to overall increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the Accounting Department.
- Collaborate with Budget Holders and the Financial Planning & Analysis Department on budgeting and forecasting.
- Design and maintaining accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to mitigate risks and improve efficiency.
- Execute group reporting, which includes manage the month-end close activities including journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, and preparing and analyzing data reports.
- Perform review of general ledger positions and advice on the accounting and reporting of complex transactions and corporate legal restructuring.
- Performs payroll related SOX controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five to eight years of related accounting experience in an international setting.
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Experience with budget preparation and budgetary control.
- Experience with ERP deployments. Dutch speaking next to English.
- Ability to translate complex accounting information for various audiences Proactive attitude.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various Senior Stakeholders / Budget Holders.
- Competitive salary
- Challenging work environment
Thomas Lindenberg 06-21192203